- a short but hopefully noteworthy PSA
- wise words from black socialist Ajamu Baraka*
- China, Russia, and Iran fanning civil war flames in DC
- Mike Pompeo Is a Sadistic Psychopath
- Republishing ‘When Google Met WikiLeaks’
- Q: on what grounds might US prosecutors appeal Baraitser’s decision?
- meet Irish MEP firebrand mick wallace
- what’s in the $2.3 trillion 2021 Consolidated Appropriations Act?
- bombs, missiles, and Apaches for Saudi Arabia and other ME ‘partners in peace’
- ‘Sire! The Peasants are Revolting!
- Biden Adds Vampire Squid and Blackrock Creatures to his Cabinet
- Congress ‘Close’ to Coronavirus ‘Deal’
- Biden and Obomba Recruit Neocon Warmonger Susan Rice
- Iran v. other state actors on the JCPOA & other FP issues
- O, the Jocularity of Unintentional Self-Satire!
- Alarming Escalation: Eminent Iranian Scientist Assassinated
- 2 whislteblower PSAs
- Dead Commie Hugo Chavez Flipped Votes to Biden: Wot?
- St. Obomba’s holy f’ing *double* hypocrisy
- Camp Mniluzahan & Creek Patrol
- the MOTU at WEF can Shove their f’ing ‘Visions’…
- Amerikan War, Inc.™ satire doesn’t get any better that this
- Trump Unplugged & Trump Canceled
- Will Luis Arche Survive His Inauguration?
- post 2020 election PSAs
- #BaltimoreUprising evolution storify #Black August #BreakTheCurfew Oakland #Caravana43 protesting the disappeared Ayotzinapa students #Fight for 15 International Today in 270 cities #HandsOffBolivia #hands off iran #HandsOffSyria #MarchAgainstMonsanto 2015 #MillionMomsMarch #NativeLivesMatter and other indigenous news #NoDapl #SaayHerName #TreasonSummit Afro Blue Albuquerque People’s Tribunal on Police Brutality A message from Leonard Peltier on the Occasion of his 71st Birthday and the Hideous Majority Anonymous Million Mask March Flashmobs Today black community control of police Black is Back Black Community policing conference bob Urie Brother Cornell West Published in the Smithsonian Magazine Citizens Report: 'Targeted: Prejudice and Racial Bias in the Albuquerque Police Department’ Closing arguments in the trial of LAPD officer Mary O'Callaghan coup against nicolas maduro David Correia Delphi Declaration on Greece and Europe Disarm the NYPD Coalition dont't extradite assange! F*cking the Haitian 99%: Another Clinton Family Project Franklin Graham Freddie Gray beaten to death by BPD Free Julian Assange Glen Ford HandsOffIran! Hilarious Disconnect: White Liberals for Sanders Telling #BLM Activists What to Do ILWU May Day Oakland Port Shutdowns Jasmine Richards #BLM protestor charged with terrorism Late Summer Police Stories: the Potentially Good Magna Carta at 800 May 2 #BlackSpring/#Baltimore Rising Medicaid clawbacks meta Neill Franklin 'Purge the Baltimore PD from within' New Pentagon “Law of War” Manual Novichok™ Obama declares Venezuela "an extraordinary threat to US national security" Obama Reiterates Enthusiastic Support for Legalizing MMJ oh yes Omali Yeshitalaya Orange Lady Preliminary Hearing of APD Cops Sandy and Perez in the Execution of James Boyd; Pt. I; a Storify Red Nation march on Gallup NM against violence and racism Respectability Politics Won’t Cut It Now. Did They Ever? Rest in Peace and Paint Dear Antonio Ramos Reverend William E. Alberts San Carlos Apaches’ Oak Flats Sovereign Spirituality Stolen by John McCain & Friends satire Save the Post Office Seventy Years Ago This Week: Hiroshima and Nagasaki Shorter skripals Spain's new fascist 'gag rule' STRATCOM as per Russia/Syria-Ukraine test post the Apostle of Hatred the Bad The Crescent City 10 Years after the Levees Failed TransDayOfVisibility Tsipras/Syriza pull it out WEF 2020 Zawinul ‘Cultural Palynology’ by Barbara Grothus Featured at the ‘Visualizing Albuquerque’ Exhibit ‘The Red Nation’ and Allies to Demand ABQ Abolish Columbus Day
Author Archives: nomad
Though it took as its model the system long employed in the West Indies, colonial America radically altered the institution of slavery. They adopted the system but they modified it according to the emerging Aryan ideology. The legislators of the American colonies were determined to stem the development of an intermediate socio-racial class under their system. They had a “brave new world” in mind, one in which there would be sharp division between black and white and none at all between black and mulatto. They had in mind a radical restructuring of what had by that time become the traditional relationship between the two races.
Almost from the beginning there was a bifurcation of the black population in America. The blacks who came to America in colonial times were divided into two distinct categories. The social status of one group was fundamentally different from that of the other (Porter 1943:4). One of those groups, the “elite”, has traditionally been much smaller in number than the other, but nevertheless extremely important. The larger group has always been the underclass. Elite blacks generally have had certain limited rights, similar, though rarely equal, to those of European immigrants of the same economic rung. The underclass has had much fewer rights and, at times, none at all. A dichotomy. What was the basis of this differential treatment? Skin color? Not entirely. And not initially.