- Anti-War Purity Tests: an Open Discussion
- North Korea: OMG & WTF? Part II
- Melancholia, Depression, and Treatment Models
- Open menu; contribute as you will….
- Today: ‘Mother of All Marches’ in VZ
- North Korea: OMG & WTF?
- ‘Tossing Tissues’ as a Metaphor Updated to: Open Menu
- A Very Worthy Tweet Concerning the Tomahawking of #Syria
- 3 Tweets = OMG: War Porn Rides Again
- April 4: Thousands of Venezuelans March Against Imperialism, OAS Interference
- Ecuadorians Voted Today Updated: it’s Moreno! Woot! (see update at the end)
- Happy April Fool’s Day, Courtesy of Jeffrey St. Clair
- Pentagon’s Deal with Siemens
- #JewishResistance: Protesters block AIPAC conference calling for end to Israel occupation
- Spring Agrichemical and GMO news Roundup (so to speak)
- open menu’ please share as you will…
- ‘Despite Trump’s anti-immigrant hysteria, US polls show broad support for immigrants’
- Herr Trump’s 2018 budget proposal: ‘let’s kill the unworthy among us so we may preserve US Security™’
- Herr Trump’s ConAct with the American Voter
- New Mike Brown Footage Discredits Ferguson Police Account
- Beyond Surreal: Stephen Colbert Joshes w/ fooking Michael Hayden on Late Night
- #NativeNationsRise in DeeCee (earlier today)
- The Café Babylon March War and Moar War Report
- WikiLeaks publishes ‘entire hacking capacity of the CIA’
- Water Protectors have now vacated all of the camps at Standing Rock
- #BaltimoreUprising evolution storify #BreakTheCurfew Oakland #Caravana43 protesting the disappeared Ayotzinapa students #Fight for 15 International Today in 270 cities #MarchAgainstMonsanto 2015 #MillionMomsMarch #NativeLivesMatter and other indigenous news #NoDapl #SaayHerName Afro Blue Albuquerque People’s Tribunal on Police Brutality A message from Leonard Peltier on the Occasion of his 71st Birthday and the Hideous Majority Anonymous Million Mask March Flashmobs Today Antiwar black community control of police Black is Back Black Community policing conference bob Urie Brother Cornell West Published in the Smithsonian Magazine Citizens Report: 'Targeted: Prejudice and Racial Bias in the Albuquerque Police Department’ Climate Change Tipping Point Realities v. COP21 Paris Part II Closing arguments in the trial of LAPD officer Mary O'Callaghan Dahr Jamail via Truthout David Correia December According to Harry Shearer Delphi Declaration on Greece and Europe Democracy DHS Is Paying Students to Spy on Classmates in the Name of Safer Schools for Some™ Disarm the NYPD Coalition Ella Baker F*cking the Haitian 99%: Another Clinton Family Project Franklin Graham Freddie Gray beaten to death by BPD Glen Ford Hilarious Disconnect: White Liberals for Sanders Telling #BLM Activists What to Do ILWU May Day Oakland Port Shutdowns Introducing Avaaz Jasmine Richards #BLM protestor charged with terrorism Late Summer Police Stories: the Potentially Good Magna Carta at 800 May 2 #BlackSpring/#Baltimore Rising Medicaid clawbacks Neill Franklin 'Purge the Baltimore PD from within' New Pentagon “Law of War” Manual Obama declares Venezuela "an extraordinary threat to US national security" Obama Reiterates Enthusiastic Support for Legalizing MMJ oh yes Omali Yeshitalaya Orange Lady Preliminary Hearing of APD Cops Sandy and Perez in the Execution of James Boyd; Pt. I; a Storify Public Citizen's Press Release on the TPP 99% Race to the Bottom Red Nation march on Gallup NM against violence and racism Respectability Politics Won’t Cut It Now. Did They Ever? Rest in Peace and Paint Dear Antonio Ramos Reverend William E. Alberts San Carlos Apaches’ Oak Flats Sovereign Spirituality Stolen by John McCain & Friends satire Seventy Years Ago This Week: Hiroshima and Nagasaki Shorter SOTU Preview....SoYou Don’t Have To Spain's new fascist 'gag rule' STRATCOM as per Russia/Syria-Ukraine test post the Apostle of Hatred the Bad The Crescent City 10 Years after the Levees Failed Three Headlines and a Tweet Sum Up the Empire’s Response to ‘Paris’ TransDayOfVisibility Tsipras/Syriza pull it out War Words of the EZLN on the 22nd Anniversary of the Beginning of the War Against Oblivion Zawinul ‘Cultural Palynology’ by Barbara Grothus Featured at the ‘Visualizing Albuquerque’ Exhibit ‘The Red Nation’ and Allies to Demand ABQ Abolish Columbus Day ‘We Love Being Lakota’ short film
Category Archives: climate change
Voices of Changes from Standing Rock; the Efficacy of Peaceful Prayer, Direct Action as Prayerful, and more
Over’t con- cum neofem Arianna Huff’n’Po’s e-RAGgregator, the mighty lame duck is takin’ action to save the future from sure destruction!
Purple is Green at AriannaOnLine. Who’s more cynical: Me – for thinking this is a typical ploy to control the narrative (such as there is one, rather than just a stupid sense of the way things are), with the Forth Estate coordinating with Pennsylvania Avenue Ink to hijack key phrases like “Save Public Land”? Or them – for doing it?
For those unfamiliar with the concept of keyword hijacking, it involves burying some other uncomfortable reality in close semantic proximity to the verbiage chosen for the burial. In this case, let’s call it Building a Presidential Legacy on Sacred Ground or Muddying the Waters of First Nations in the Name of the First and only ever Free World.
Wait. Am I being hasty here. Look at this:
See that? He saves Viro Mints!!
One thing I love about wd’s letting me diarise here is that I can let someone else do my fact checking. Like, what say you about the following Café?
During his eight years in office, Obama has carved out an impressive environmental legacy. He helped broker the Paris Agreement, the most significant climate change deal in history; instituted the Clean Power Plan, described as the strongest action ever taken by a U.S. president to combat global warming; and protected more land and water ― more than 265 million acres ― than any other president in history, including the establishment of the world’s largest marine reserve, among other green initiatives.
One thing I do know is that that there Paris Agreement does not do anything to avert the certain global ruin we face. To deny that is to deny climate change.
This is a rant about humans and the problems we face.
I saw a comment in an article about Bernie Sanders that struck me wrong. The article was about how Sanders had come out with a statement about the so called “historic” Paris climate agreement. Sanders had stated:
“While this is a step forward it goes nowhere near far enough. The planet is in crisis. We need bold action in the very near future and this does not provide that,” Sanders said in the statement.”