- Iran makes arrests over accidental downing of Ukrainian airliner
- IRGC Releases Details of Accidental Downing of Ukrainian Plane
- Sundance on Sleeping Ute Mountain; a vignette
- a bit o’ fun with the british monarchy & family
- the Insane US War on Iran: a lull, a window of peace, or tactical waiting?
- Connecting the Dots
- #Insanity: US Hot War on Iran; the assassination of Qassem Soleimani
- Gypsies, Travellers & Roma under Bigger Tory Guns
- from the Lawyers’ Committee for 9/11 Inquiry:
- How the Pro-War ‘Left’ Fell for the Kurds in Syria
- good holiday wishes to all…
- Massive Protests against Narendra Modi’s fascist Hindu Supremacist Law
- a PSA re: Julian Assange testifying in embassy spying case
- good thing they’re in lockstep about their true priorities, ain’t it?
- after WikiLeaks published a third batch of OPCW leaked documents…
- a deep inquiry into the protests in Iran
- updates on the slow-mo death of Julian Assange
- catching up on Evo and Bolivia
- it’s not just what’s IN the $738 billion
- Normandy Four Paris Ukraine Peace Talks
- Zombie NATO Is Obsolete; Militarists Try To Revive It Through Expanded Targets
- woot! bellin¿cat won ‘em an emmy!
- *literal* Vampire capitalism
- Democrats quietly debate expanding impeachment articles beyond Ukraine
- Thanksgiving statement from political prisoner Leonard Peltier
- Greyson Smythe
- #BaltimoreUprising evolution storify #Black August #BreakTheCurfew Oakland #Caravana43 protesting the disappeared Ayotzinapa students #Fight for 15 International Today in 270 cities #HandsOffBolivia #hands off iran #HandsOffSyria #MarchAgainstMonsanto 2015 #MillionMomsMarch #NativeLivesMatter and other indigenous news #NoDapl #SaayHerName #TreasonSummit Afro Blue Albuquerque People’s Tribunal on Police Brutality A message from Leonard Peltier on the Occasion of his 71st Birthday and the Hideous Majority Anonymous Million Mask March Flashmobs Today black community control of police Black is Back Black Community policing conference bob Urie Brother Cornell West Published in the Smithsonian Magazine Citizens Report: 'Targeted: Prejudice and Racial Bias in the Albuquerque Police Department’ Climate Change Tipping Point Realities v. COP21 Paris Part II Closing arguments in the trial of LAPD officer Mary O'Callaghan coup against nicolas maduro Dahr Jamail via Truthout David Correia Delphi Declaration on Greece and Europe DHS Is Paying Students to Spy on Classmates in the Name of Safer Schools for Some™ Disarm the NYPD Coalition F*cking the Haitian 99%: Another Clinton Family Project Franklin Graham Freddie Gray beaten to death by BPD Free Julian Assange Glen Ford Hilarious Disconnect: White Liberals for Sanders Telling #BLM Activists What to Do ILWU May Day Oakland Port Shutdowns Jasmine Richards #BLM protestor charged with terrorism Late Summer Police Stories: the Potentially Good Magna Carta at 800 May 2 #BlackSpring/#Baltimore Rising Medicaid clawbacks meta Neill Franklin 'Purge the Baltimore PD from within' New Pentagon “Law of War” Manual Novichok™ Obama declares Venezuela "an extraordinary threat to US national security" Obama Reiterates Enthusiastic Support for Legalizing MMJ oh yes Omali Yeshitalaya Orange Lady Preliminary Hearing of APD Cops Sandy and Perez in the Execution of James Boyd; Pt. I; a Storify Public Citizen's Press Release on the TPP 99% Race to the Bottom Red Nation march on Gallup NM against violence and racism Respectability Politics Won’t Cut It Now. Did They Ever? Rest in Peace and Paint Dear Antonio Ramos Reverend William E. Alberts San Carlos Apaches’ Oak Flats Sovereign Spirituality Stolen by John McCain & Friends satire Seventy Years Ago This Week: Hiroshima and Nagasaki Shorter Spain's new fascist 'gag rule' STRATCOM as per Russia/Syria-Ukraine test post the Apostle of Hatred the Bad The Crescent City 10 Years after the Levees Failed Three Headlines and a Tweet Sum Up the Empire’s Response to ‘Paris’ TransDayOfVisibility Tsipras/Syriza pull it out Zawinul ‘Cultural Palynology’ by Barbara Grothus Featured at the ‘Visualizing Albuquerque’ Exhibit ‘The Red Nation’ and Allies to Demand ABQ Abolish Columbus Day
Category Archives: electoral politics
‘Arab MKs meet with Gantz, call for ‘real diplomatic process’ with Palestinians;
First, this most exhilarating news comes from telesurenglish.net:
‘Argentina: Progressive Fernandez Wins Presidency, Defeats Macri’, Oct. 27, 2019
“As the candidates needed 45 percent of the vote to avoid a second round, the 47 percent obtained by the Fernandez-Fernandez ticket has been enough to give them the win.
(Some Israeli snap election kinda/sorta results) Wouldn’t it be wonderful to say ‘bye, bye, Bibi; may the wind beat your back?
With 99+% of the votes counted (but not yet certified) Benny Gantz’s blue-and-white party (Kahol Levan) got 33 seats in the Knesset, Bibi’s Likud party 31, the Arab majority Joint List 13 seats (<up 2 from the last election four months ago.) Woot!
‘Ahmad Tibi thanks ‘magician’ Netanyahu for driving up Arab vote; Arab Israeli MK cites PM’s attempts to suppress the Arab vote for helping rouse voters: ‘Suddenly the Arabs rushed to the polls in droves’.
Whoa; who among us could possibly fail to be enticed by that title from Eric London at wsws.org, 8 May 2019?
This is longish, but given it’s mainly policy positions, it’s fairly easy to scan, stop on topics you’d choose for closer reading. Howie’s website is here. He’s an actual anti-imperialist socialist candidate, and I like his socialist policies a lot:
Key Economic Sectors to Socialize:
And if the Dems have their way…especially Green Party candidates.
(click photo for larger)
The BAR newsletter had popped into my Inbox a few days ago, and I was interested in this piece on Black Agenda Radio: ‘Greens’ Howie Hawkins is 2020’s Only Real Peace Candidate’, Bruce Dixon, April 4, 2019, which transcript was labeled with ‘Tulsi Gabbard is a Sheepdog’ before the rest of the radio title.