- Fascist Police State Run Amok… Forevermore?
- key witness for Assange’s defense: John Goetz of der Spiegel
- a ‘Peace Deal’ it’s Not
- Examining the ‘Political Extradition’ Case against Julian Assange
- Autistic child gunned down by Salt Lake City Police
- Julian Assange’s Final Extradition Hearing: Mon. August 7
- Lockdown Protests in Berlin, London, Paris, Dublin
- Trump runs for Führer
- Social Media, Truthiness & Censorship
- Final Nite 4 of the Dem Nat’l Tent Revival
- Zillionaire USians Build End-Times Boltholes in NZ
- Brave New World Covid Pharmacopeia
- Were 4 Iranian tankers of fuel oil bound for VZ seized by the US?
- The Trumpeter is Terrified of Voting by Mail
- Trump issues covid relief executive orders
- War Criminal Elliott Abrams Tapped as the US Special Envoy to Iran
- More Hellacious News for the PO & Voting by Mail
- Our Rulers Flip the Rabble Classes another Bird
- X Rebellion scientists v Jem Bendel’s Deep Adaptation
- Not a Bedtime Story: Part III (a sunday vignette)
- grim post office news & a PSA
- Epic Hypocrisy by Tweet
- Not a Bedtime Story: Pt II (a sunday vignette)
- a PSA: Judge releases new body-cam footage in the murder of George Floyd
- Can Bolivians Survive the Coup Regime?
- #BaltimoreUprising evolution storify #Black August #BreakTheCurfew Oakland #Caravana43 protesting the disappeared Ayotzinapa students #Fight for 15 International Today in 270 cities #HandsOffBolivia #hands off iran #HandsOffSyria #MarchAgainstMonsanto 2015 #MillionMomsMarch #NativeLivesMatter and other indigenous news #NoDapl #SaayHerName #TreasonSummit Afro Blue Albuquerque People’s Tribunal on Police Brutality A message from Leonard Peltier on the Occasion of his 71st Birthday and the Hideous Majority Anonymous Million Mask March Flashmobs Today black community control of police Black is Back Black Community policing conference bob Urie Brother Cornell West Published in the Smithsonian Magazine Citizens Report: 'Targeted: Prejudice and Racial Bias in the Albuquerque Police Department’ Closing arguments in the trial of LAPD officer Mary O'Callaghan coup against nicolas maduro David Correia Delphi Declaration on Greece and Europe Disarm the NYPD Coalition dont't extradite assange! F*cking the Haitian 99%: Another Clinton Family Project Franklin Graham Freddie Gray beaten to death by BPD Free Julian Assange Glen Ford HandsOffIran! Hilarious Disconnect: White Liberals for Sanders Telling #BLM Activists What to Do ILWU May Day Oakland Port Shutdowns Jasmine Richards #BLM protestor charged with terrorism Late Summer Police Stories: the Potentially Good Magna Carta at 800 May 2 #BlackSpring/#Baltimore Rising Medicaid clawbacks meta Neill Franklin 'Purge the Baltimore PD from within' New Pentagon “Law of War” Manual Novichok™ Obama declares Venezuela "an extraordinary threat to US national security" Obama Reiterates Enthusiastic Support for Legalizing MMJ oh yes Omali Yeshitalaya Orange Lady Preliminary Hearing of APD Cops Sandy and Perez in the Execution of James Boyd; Pt. I; a Storify Public Citizen's Press Release on the TPP 99% Race to the Bottom Red Nation march on Gallup NM against violence and racism Respectability Politics Won’t Cut It Now. Did They Ever? Rest in Peace and Paint Dear Antonio Ramos Reverend William E. Alberts San Carlos Apaches’ Oak Flats Sovereign Spirituality Stolen by John McCain & Friends satire Save the Post Office Seventy Years Ago This Week: Hiroshima and Nagasaki Shorter skripals Spain's new fascist 'gag rule' STRATCOM as per Russia/Syria-Ukraine test post the Apostle of Hatred the Bad The Crescent City 10 Years after the Levees Failed TransDayOfVisibility Tsipras/Syriza pull it out Zawinul ‘Cultural Palynology’ by Barbara Grothus Featured at the ‘Visualizing Albuquerque’ Exhibit ‘The Red Nation’ and Allies to Demand ABQ Abolish Columbus Day
Category Archives: indigenous global activism
June 26 will mark the 40th year since the ‘Incident at Oglala’, and 39 years of Leonard Peltier’s wrongful imprisonment for the shooting death of two FBI agents at Pine Ridge Reservation in 1975. This is dated, but offers a very brief narrative of the story. ‘Incident at Oglala’, a 1992 documentary by Michael Apted, narrated by Robert Redford is available for viewing here (about 90 minutes, and full screen can be toggled).
Given that all posts on RoarMagazine via Continental Cry are creative commons, rather than rewrite the descriptions of the Festival, I’ll use parts of Mr.Oikonomakis’s article, the joint invitation by the EZLN and National Indigenous Congress, and intersperse a few other Zaptista quotes, artwork, and background history of the Zapatista movement. Some of them I wrote along the way of my journey of discovery about these dedicated and courageous people of maize who realized in late 1993 that they truly were fighting for their lives, their historical ejido communal lands, their crops, and their honorable peasant culture. They finally said: Ya Basta! (Enough Aready!) and on the day that NAFTA took effect, staged a rebellion in Chiapas in which they took back some of their land that had been stolen by feudal lords, in order that they might create a better world for themselves and coming generations, one built on justice, equality, and freedom, by way of a bottom-upward horizontal and direct democracy.
Because most of us need some spirit-raising; and yes, I continue to believe that First Nations and Third World women will lead us out of the hellish mess we’re in.
Reject and Protect Day 1: with Winona recounting her dream; Ponca Casey Camp: ‘We are women of power!’ and ‘‘The white man has turned on its own’ Turtle Island Women rawk; this is Glorious!