- 2 critiques of Biden’s ‘Rescue Amerika’ plan
- a short but hopefully noteworthy PSA
- wise words from black socialist Ajamu Baraka*
- China, Russia, and Iran fanning civil war flames in DC
- Mike Pompeo Is a Sadistic Psychopath
- Republishing ‘When Google Met WikiLeaks’
- Q: on what grounds might US prosecutors appeal Baraitser’s decision?
- meet Irish MEP firebrand mick wallace
- what’s in the $2.3 trillion 2021 Consolidated Appropriations Act?
- bombs, missiles, and Apaches for Saudi Arabia and other ME ‘partners in peace’
- ‘Sire! The Peasants are Revolting!
- Biden Adds Vampire Squid and Blackrock Creatures to his Cabinet
- Congress ‘Close’ to Coronavirus ‘Deal’
- Biden and Obomba Recruit Neocon Warmonger Susan Rice
- Iran v. other state actors on the JCPOA & other FP issues
- O, the Jocularity of Unintentional Self-Satire!
- Alarming Escalation: Eminent Iranian Scientist Assassinated
- 2 whislteblower PSAs
- Dead Commie Hugo Chavez Flipped Votes to Biden: Wot?
- St. Obomba’s holy f’ing *double* hypocrisy
- Camp Mniluzahan & Creek Patrol
- the MOTU at WEF can Shove their f’ing ‘Visions’…
- Amerikan War, Inc.™ satire doesn’t get any better that this
- Trump Unplugged & Trump Canceled
- Will Luis Arche Survive His Inauguration?
- #BaltimoreUprising evolution storify #Black August #BreakTheCurfew Oakland #Caravana43 protesting the disappeared Ayotzinapa students #Fight for 15 International Today in 270 cities #HandsOffBolivia #hands off iran #HandsOffSyria #MarchAgainstMonsanto 2015 #MillionMomsMarch #NativeLivesMatter and other indigenous news #NoDapl #SaayHerName #TreasonSummit Afro Blue Albuquerque People’s Tribunal on Police Brutality A message from Leonard Peltier on the Occasion of his 71st Birthday and the Hideous Majority Anonymous Million Mask March Flashmobs Today black community control of police Black is Back Black Community policing conference bob Urie Brother Cornell West Published in the Smithsonian Magazine Citizens Report: 'Targeted: Prejudice and Racial Bias in the Albuquerque Police Department’ Closing arguments in the trial of LAPD officer Mary O'Callaghan coup against nicolas maduro David Correia Delphi Declaration on Greece and Europe Disarm the NYPD Coalition dont't extradite assange! F*cking the Haitian 99%: Another Clinton Family Project Franklin Graham Freddie Gray beaten to death by BPD Free Julian Assange Glen Ford HandsOffIran! Hilarious Disconnect: White Liberals for Sanders Telling #BLM Activists What to Do ILWU May Day Oakland Port Shutdowns Jasmine Richards #BLM protestor charged with terrorism Late Summer Police Stories: the Potentially Good Magna Carta at 800 May 2 #BlackSpring/#Baltimore Rising Medicaid clawbacks meta Neill Franklin 'Purge the Baltimore PD from within' New Pentagon “Law of War” Manual Novichok™ Obama declares Venezuela "an extraordinary threat to US national security" Obama Reiterates Enthusiastic Support for Legalizing MMJ oh yes Omali Yeshitalaya Orange Lady Preliminary Hearing of APD Cops Sandy and Perez in the Execution of James Boyd; Pt. I; a Storify Red Nation march on Gallup NM against violence and racism Respectability Politics Won’t Cut It Now. Did They Ever? Rest in Peace and Paint Dear Antonio Ramos Reverend William E. Alberts San Carlos Apaches’ Oak Flats Sovereign Spirituality Stolen by John McCain & Friends satire Save the Post Office Seventy Years Ago This Week: Hiroshima and Nagasaki Shorter skripals Spain's new fascist 'gag rule' STRATCOM as per Russia/Syria-Ukraine test post the Apostle of Hatred the Bad The Crescent City 10 Years after the Levees Failed TransDayOfVisibility Tsipras/Syriza pull it out WEF 2020 Zawinul ‘Cultural Palynology’ by Barbara Grothus Featured at the ‘Visualizing Albuquerque’ Exhibit ‘The Red Nation’ and Allies to Demand ABQ Abolish Columbus Day
Category Archives: philosophy
Now from ‘a little Plato’ to ‘a little Bible’. I take a very short cut. I shall proceed directly to the second writing in the sand by the one often addressed publicly as Teacher by his contemporaries, whose name is Jesus, the name still often heard from our lips, when we feel strongly about something and at the same time feel free with our language.
I find this a remarkable phenomenon, namely, that we occasionally feel free to express what’s in our hearts with his name. It seems to reveal, in spite of our intentions, that at heart we are not indifferent to him, but rather touched by him — one way or another. And that I find as something to wonder at after all these centuries.
The writing in the sand takes place in Jerusalem, in the Temple that traces its origin to King Solomon. Matthew, the writer of the first gospel, also traces the genealogy of Jesus, his bloodline, to exactly the same source, King Solomon. He does not hesitate to spell it out as follows: “David was the father of Solomon by the wife of Uriah.” That is to say, by another man’s wife, whose name is Bathsheba. I find this an astonishing prelude to Jesus being in this Temple in Jerusalem, as he faces one particular woman caught in adultery.
Now I am ready to consider the writing in the earth that he does with his finger in the Temple in Jerusalem, (John, Chapter VIII.)
It is here in the Pythagorean Script that something written takes precedence over something voiced, down to the letters of the alphabet that are visible to us on the pages of Euclidean geometry, next to points, lines, figures, solids. It’s their position on the page to our eye that counts, not the sound that goes with them in the spoken word.