- Spike Lee’s been griftin’ for the NYPD; #wth?
- yes sir, yes sir, three tweets full
- a storify in search of some truth
- site meta & aug. crescent moon open menu
- ♫ Can’t get enough of that Novichok♪ Novichok♪ Novichok♫…Can’t get enough….♪
- Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war! a vote in epic bipartisan collegiality
- what’s life like in your town?
- open menu, almost august
- Rs and Ds Unite in defense of the #War on Police
- UK bioethics body promotes gene editing of human embryos
- Trump, Pompeo, and Bolton bellow for Catastrophic War on Iran
- Update to ‘hideouser and hideouser fukkery waged against assange’
- Countering #TreasonSummit on Twitter
- Hideouser© and Hideouser© fukkery waged against Julian Assange
- Working thread ahead of the putin-trump summit in helsinki on july 16
- Open menu and breaking news from wikileaks and the mueller investigation
- NATO summit in brussels: day one (day two in comments)
- Inspirational: mexican campesinos say No! to AMLO, many reject voting booths
- Fresh new mandate to the OPCW is a UK victory over roossia!
- Woot! on Commie punk-hip-hop-rapper Boots Riley’s new film! [updated]
- open menu; add what you’d like
- UK ambassador Craig Murray wants jack straw to be prosecuted at the Hague for his complicity in torture; blasts Theresa May’s whitewashing
- three dire tweets for Julian Assange’s safety and freedom
- a current climate chaos compendium: Part III: water
- From Island Bliss to Urban Hell: a vignette
- #BaltimoreUprising evolution storify #Black August #BreakTheCurfew Oakland #Caravana43 protesting the disappeared Ayotzinapa students #Fight for 15 International Today in 270 cities #HandsOffSyria #MarchAgainstMonsanto 2015 #MillionMomsMarch #NativeLivesMatter and other indigenous news #NoDapl #SaayHerName Afro Blue Albuquerque People’s Tribunal on Police Brutality A message from Leonard Peltier on the Occasion of his 71st Birthday and the Hideous Majority Anonymous Million Mask March Flashmobs Today Antiwar black community control of police Black is Back Black Community policing conference bob Urie Brother Cornell West Published in the Smithsonian Magazine Citizens Report: 'Targeted: Prejudice and Racial Bias in the Albuquerque Police Department’ Climate Change Tipping Point Realities v. COP21 Paris Part II Closing arguments in the trial of LAPD officer Mary O'Callaghan Dahr Jamail via Truthout David Correia December According to Harry Shearer Delphi Declaration on Greece and Europe Democracy DHS Is Paying Students to Spy on Classmates in the Name of Safer Schools for Some™ Disarm the NYPD Coalition F*cking the Haitian 99%: Another Clinton Family Project Franklin Graham Freddie Gray beaten to death by BPD Glen Ford Hilarious Disconnect: White Liberals for Sanders Telling #BLM Activists What to Do ILWU May Day Oakland Port Shutdowns Introducing Avaaz Jasmine Richards #BLM protestor charged with terrorism Late Summer Police Stories: the Potentially Good Magna Carta at 800 May 2 #BlackSpring/#Baltimore Rising Medicaid clawbacks meta Neill Franklin 'Purge the Baltimore PD from within' New Pentagon “Law of War” Manual Obama declares Venezuela "an extraordinary threat to US national security" Obama Reiterates Enthusiastic Support for Legalizing MMJ oh yes Omali Yeshitalaya Orange Lady Preliminary Hearing of APD Cops Sandy and Perez in the Execution of James Boyd; Pt. I; a Storify Public Citizen's Press Release on the TPP 99% Race to the Bottom Red Nation march on Gallup NM against violence and racism Respectability Politics Won’t Cut It Now. Did They Ever? Rest in Peace and Paint Dear Antonio Ramos Reverend William E. Alberts San Carlos Apaches’ Oak Flats Sovereign Spirituality Stolen by John McCain & Friends satire Seventy Years Ago This Week: Hiroshima and Nagasaki Shorter Spain's new fascist 'gag rule' STRATCOM as per Russia/Syria-Ukraine test post the Apostle of Hatred the Bad The Crescent City 10 Years after the Levees Failed Three Headlines and a Tweet Sum Up the Empire’s Response to ‘Paris’ TransDayOfVisibility Tsipras/Syriza pull it out War Zawinul ‘Cultural Palynology’ by Barbara Grothus Featured at the ‘Visualizing Albuquerque’ Exhibit ‘The Red Nation’ and Allies to Demand ABQ Abolish Columbus Day ‘We Love Being Lakota’ short film
Category Archives: resistance under oppression
Jonathan Cook, award-winning author and journalist, writes from Nazareth, the capital of the Palestinian minority in Israel, having moved there in 2001 to cover Palestinian issues more closely. He’s easily one of the most dedicated, courageous, clear-eyed, and well-grounded critics of apartheid Israel and their propaganda I know. I’d add that his moral compass is at true north, and that his prose is easy to read and without guile. Yes, this post may be longish, but I reckon it’s a key subject that’s worth digging deep into, given: (Likud) Israel, so I hope you’ll agree.
(Yeppers, it’s longish, but needs must, as they say. Feel free to pick and choose titles that seem of keen interest to you.)
‘Israel Pays a Bounty of $5,000 and Arms for Each African Asylum Seeker Expelled’; Israel was the main driver behind the 1951 UN Convention on the Rights of Refugees, but after signing it, it has never respected the rights of refugees. In fact, it has created one of the biggest refugee crisis the world has seen, says Journalist and Filmmaker Lia Tarachansky. (the transcript of the 21 minutes is here, but the visuals and voices are of prime importance, imo.)