- Hardliner Ebrahim Raisi elected President of Iran
- Repurposed NATO isn’t just about Russia any longer: #EfficiencyMatters
- Will Marxist Peruvian Presidential Winner Pedro Castillo Finally Prevail?
- Bill Gates: Schadenfreude by Gossip
- Update on US/Israeli Zionist Ethnic Cleansing of Palestinians
- Palestinian Resistance to Zionist Barbarity
- China and Russia Again in the Empire’s Crosshairs: Beware
- ‘Maximum Pressure’ on Iran from Trump > Biden
- In Quest Of a Multi-Polar World by Michael Hudson and Pepe Escobar
- The Empire is Gunning for China: Epic Danger Ahead?
- Joe Biden Can Walk & Chew Gum at the Same Time
- It’s the Covid Rescue Plan Tent Revival! C’mon in!
- small glimmers of hope for Iran & the JCPOA
- from the brave and award-winning journalist Eva Bartlett:
- a California Prison Eugenics Storify
- 2 Post-blizzard Texas Exposés from WSWS
- NATO: Finally Crossing the Rubicon?
- An Open Letter from BLM Inland Empire
- heart-piercing news for Julian Assange
- a PSA from Margaret Flowers, Popular Resistance
- Compare Incendiary Bombast to Reasoned Diplomacy
- #TrumpImpeachment 2.0
- Two from BAR & a Chilling Ministry of Truth PSA from DHS
- 2 critiques of Biden’s ‘Rescue Amerika’ plan
- #BaltimoreUprising evolution storify #Black August #BreakTheCurfew Oakland #Caravana43 protesting the disappeared Ayotzinapa students #Fight for 15 International Today in 270 cities #HandsOffBolivia #hands off iran #HandsOffSyria #MarchAgainstMonsanto 2015 #MillionMomsMarch #NativeLivesMatter and other indigenous news #NoDapl #SaayHerName #TreasonSummit Afro Blue Albuquerque People’s Tribunal on Police Brutality A message from Leonard Peltier on the Occasion of his 71st Birthday and the Hideous Majority Anonymous Million Mask March Flashmobs Today black community control of police Black is Back Black Community policing conference bob Urie Brother Cornell West Published in the Smithsonian Magazine Citizens Report: 'Targeted: Prejudice and Racial Bias in the Albuquerque Police Department’ Closing arguments in the trial of LAPD officer Mary O'Callaghan coup against nicolas maduro David Correia Delphi Declaration on Greece and Europe Disarm the NYPD Coalition dont't extradite assange! F*cking the Haitian 99%: Another Clinton Family Project Franklin Graham Freddie Gray beaten to death by BPD Free Julian Assange Glen Ford HandsOffIran! Hilarious Disconnect: White Liberals for Sanders Telling #BLM Activists What to Do ILWU May Day Oakland Port Shutdowns Jasmine Richards #BLM protestor charged with terrorism Late Summer Police Stories: the Potentially Good Magna Carta at 800 May 2 #BlackSpring/#Baltimore Rising Medicaid clawbacks meta Neill Franklin 'Purge the Baltimore PD from within' New Pentagon “Law of War” Manual Novichok™ Obama declares Venezuela "an extraordinary threat to US national security" Obama Reiterates Enthusiastic Support for Legalizing MMJ oh yes Omali Yeshitalaya Orange Lady Preliminary Hearing of APD Cops Sandy and Perez in the Execution of James Boyd; Pt. I; a Storify Red Nation march on Gallup NM against violence and racism Respectability Politics Won’t Cut It Now. Did They Ever? Rest in Peace and Paint Dear Antonio Ramos Reverend William E. Alberts San Carlos Apaches’ Oak Flats Sovereign Spirituality Stolen by John McCain & Friends satire Save the Post Office Seventy Years Ago This Week: Hiroshima and Nagasaki Shorter skripals Spain's new fascist 'gag rule' STRATCOM as per Russia/Syria-Ukraine test post the Apostle of Hatred the Bad The Crescent City 10 Years after the Levees Failed TransDayOfVisibility Tsipras/Syriza pull it out WEF 2020 Zawinul ‘Cultural Palynology’ by Barbara Grothus Featured at the ‘Visualizing Albuquerque’ Exhibit ‘The Red Nation’ and Allies to Demand ABQ Abolish Columbus Day
Category Archives: Uncategorized
March 30, 2021 via the Popular Resistance newsletter
In this second round of conversation, Professor Michael Hudson and Pepe Escobar discuss the emerging economic world order which they define not so much as a conflict between nations, but a rivalry between two competing models of the economy. The finance capital driven model of the West with a domination of the FIRE sector, versus the mixed economy model represented by China and Russia which seeks to rein in rent seeking, combined with public banking and state funded infrastructure to support market compliant industrial development. In Professor Hudson’s view, this model was advocated by classical economists, from Mill, Ricardo, to Henry George; and is largely responsible for the West’s past successes.
O, what a train wreck this is bound to be! What this nation absolutely needs just now is further divisiveness, as AOC calls for more funding to deprogram white supremacists and other D-related woke McCarthyite blacklists, MAGA-voters re-education camps and such. Never mind Joe Biden’s supremely dubious record on Black Civil Rights resembles…white supremacy. But hey, he’s assembled a most diverse cabinet of neo-cons and warmongers, and desires to Unify the Nation! Sure, he and Ms. Pelosi want help from Republicans to further their own stated agendas, but Trump must be held accountable!
Will it further piss off the 74,000+ Trump voters, some 9 million of whom had voted for President Wall Street and War, Inc. Obomba in 2012? No, the working class was sold out wholesale by that Nobel Peace Prize recipient weren’t we?
Will those of us who’d like to make Common Cause with some MAGA voters be able to after this already Domed to Fail debacle? I’d needed to Bingle for what’s been up with the Impeachment and had found these facts at a couple different sites: Continue reading
…on this MLK Day civil rights 2.0 as the nation is being torn asunder with fear and loathing post-Capitol insurrection.
*International human rights activist, organizer, political analyst. National Organizer for @blacks4peace
‘Top scientist assassinated as Israel and US stage war provocations against Iran’, Bill Van Auken, 28 November 2020 (w/ permission; I’ll paste in most if it, add other bits)
“The brutal assassination Friday of top Iranian nuclear physicist Moshen Fakhrizadeh marks a major escalation of the US-Israeli campaign to provoke a war with Iran in the less than two months before the scheduled end of Donald Trump’s presidency.
The Iranian scientist was ambushed by a team of assassins Friday morning in Absard, an eastern suburb of Tehran. His vehicle was attacked with automatic weapons fire, and then a pickup truck loaded with lumber covering explosives blew up next to the scientist’s car.
Mafia Don Pompeo’s October surprise? This is a longish read, but if they succeed in toppling the Bolivarian government for their own gains, who’s next? Evo Morales has already been deposed…
‘It’s not dark yet…but it’s gettin’ there.’ ~ Bob Dylan
And a few of her homies are dreamin’ the dream with her…
♫ Dream along with me
We’re half-way to the starrrrrs….♫
WSWS journalist Thomas Scripp’s Oct. 2, 2020 overview of the proceedings: Assange’s extradition hearing concludes at London’s Old Bailey, with decision due January 4’
A few chilling passages:
“Julian Assange’s extradition hearing concluded yesterday as it began, with a denial of his legal right to a fair trial. District Judge Vanessa Baraitser refused to admit additional evidence on the US government’s flagrant abuse of due process.
When the evidentiary phase of the hearing opened four weeks ago, Baraitser refused the defence’s request that she excise additional allegations made against Assange at the eleventh hour by US prosecutors, in a superseding indictment. She refused a subsequent application made by the defence for an adjournment, to allow them to respond to the new indictment. Her ruling yesterday renders any challenge to this all but impossible.” […]
Lawfare in Bolivia: Añez wants to Jail the Favored Candidate in the Coming Elections’, resumen-english.org, Ernesto Reyes, June 30, 2020
“Bolivia’s de facto president, Jeanine Añez, is losing more and more of her mask obscuring democracy that, with the complicity of the United States and the European Union, she had to put on to justify the violent overthrow of Evo Morales in November of last year.
‘Rethinking the Fourth of July’, Bill Bigelow, Rethinking Schools curriculum editor, Zinn Education Project co-director, huff-po, July, 2014
“But the yahoo of fireworks also turns an immensely complicated time in U.S. history into a cartoon of miseducation. For example, check out Ray Raphael’s “Re-examining the Revolution“ at the Zinn Education Project, an article that every history teacher should read before wading into the events leading up to 1776. Raphael analyzed 22 elementary-school, middle-school, and high-school texts and found them filled with inaccuracies — some merely silly, but others leaving students with important misunderstandings about U.S. history and how social change does and does not happen.
The House passed the Senate version last night; they’d already agreed to. It’s long, but it needs to be, imo. Consider it a a rage of fury on behalf of the underclass.
A dozen years ago a friend who was teaching at a multi-disciplinary college (economics, philosophy, psychology, etc.) in Switzerland laughed about a study that demonstrated that people think that the things they believe…are true. Now run that my in your noggin for a few ticks…and see if you chuckle.
Now we all have cognitive biases, but sometimes we can tell that our opinions…are simply that.
Bingling, I hadn’t found a similar study, but one psychology site showed that we believe what we what to believe, as above. While The Truth is a moving target, especially scientific truths, there are also Facts at play in electoral political Brands, and my contention is that many of us tend to Trust The Brand, rather than dig deeper into it, or even discard annoying counterfactuals (past votes, Tweets, and other statements).
(she got her degree in ‘economics’, yanno…)
(click the pale blue hyperlink to andurudottext/ above for the awesome responses)
by Tweet for now; I’d been collecting links for the next episode in the coup against Morales.
(a reprise from 2013; I needed some more
Cowbell Bear Dance as an antidote to D-pression.)
One spring long, long ago, a man dreamt of A Bear. It told him that if he would go to a certain place in the mountains, The Bear would teach him something that would make him and his tribe stronger and wiser.
The man went to the place and saw the Bear standing on its hind legs and clawing the trunk of a large Ponderosa pine tree. When he approached, The Bear turned toward him, and began to move back and forth in a shuffling pattern. As he danced, he sang a song and spoke words of strength and wisdom to the man. The Bear said the man should go back to his people and teach them the dance and the song, and that they should celebrate the dance, and follow it with a feast. It would be a good thing for The People.