- Paul Street Satirizes Glenn Greenwald & AOC ; )
- Look Out Detroit; the WEF Is Comin’ to Transform the Motor City
- Russia Stole Crimea
- A few Tweets from club de cordeliers to Consider
- Nanci Griffith (July 6, 1953 – August 13, 2021): RIP
- Woot! Socialist Solidarity via KawsachunNews
- Preliminary Assange Appeal Hearing Scheduled for August 11
- How Much Death and Destruction Will USians Take Before Rising Up?
- Rest in Power Glen Ford: Nov.5, 1949 – July 28, 2021
- a Tweet for your consideration; or: food for thought
- Will Visiting Extraterrestrials Be Friends or Foes?
- Woot! Pedro Castillo Has Won the Peruvian Presidential Election
- Name Luke Harding’s Brand of ‘Journalism’
- The Wuhan Lab Leak Theory is Gaining Steam
- Bill Gates’ ‘Green Revolution’ v. Agroecology in Africa & India
- Harsh Breaking News for Julian Assange
- US Withdrawal from Afghanistan, ‘the Graveyard of Empires’?
- Hardliner Ebrahim Raisi elected President of Iran
- Repurposed NATO isn’t just about Russia any longer: #EfficiencyMatters
- Will Marxist Peruvian Presidential Winner Pedro Castillo Finally Prevail?
- Bill Gates: Schadenfreude by Gossip
- Update on US/Israeli Zionist Ethnic Cleansing of Palestinians
- Palestinian Resistance to Zionist Barbarity
- China and Russia Again in the Empire’s Crosshairs: Beware
- #BaltimoreUprising evolution storify #Black August #BreakTheCurfew Oakland #Caravana43 protesting the disappeared Ayotzinapa students #Fight for 15 International Today in 270 cities #HandsOffBolivia #hands off iran #HandsOffSyria #MarchAgainstMonsanto 2015 #MillionMomsMarch #NativeLivesMatter and other indigenous news #NoDapl #SaayHerName #TreasonSummit Afro Blue Albuquerque People’s Tribunal on Police Brutality A message from Leonard Peltier on the Occasion of his 71st Birthday and the Hideous Majority Anonymous Million Mask March Flashmobs Today black community control of police Black is Back Black Community policing conference bob Urie Brother Cornell West Published in the Smithsonian Magazine Citizens Report: 'Targeted: Prejudice and Racial Bias in the Albuquerque Police Department’ Closing arguments in the trial of LAPD officer Mary O'Callaghan coup against nicolas maduro David Correia Delphi Declaration on Greece and Europe Disarm the NYPD Coalition dont't extradite assange! F*cking the Haitian 99%: Another Clinton Family Project Franklin Graham Freddie Gray beaten to death by BPD Free Julian Assange Glen Ford HandsOffIran! Hilarious Disconnect: White Liberals for Sanders Telling #BLM Activists What to Do ILWU May Day Oakland Port Shutdowns Jasmine Richards #BLM protestor charged with terrorism Late Summer Police Stories: the Potentially Good Magna Carta at 800 May 2 #BlackSpring/#Baltimore Rising Medicaid clawbacks meta Neill Franklin 'Purge the Baltimore PD from within' New Pentagon “Law of War” Manual Novichok™ Obama declares Venezuela "an extraordinary threat to US national security" Obama Reiterates Enthusiastic Support for Legalizing MMJ oh yes Omali Yeshitalaya Orange Lady Preliminary Hearing of APD Cops Sandy and Perez in the Execution of James Boyd; Pt. I; a Storify Red Nation march on Gallup NM against violence and racism Respectability Politics Won’t Cut It Now. Did They Ever? Rest in Peace and Paint Dear Antonio Ramos Reverend William E. Alberts San Carlos Apaches’ Oak Flats Sovereign Spirituality Stolen by John McCain & Friends satire Save the Post Office Seventy Years Ago This Week: Hiroshima and Nagasaki Shorter skripals Spain's new fascist 'gag rule' STRATCOM as per Russia/Syria-Ukraine test post the Apostle of Hatred the Bad The Crescent City 10 Years after the Levees Failed TransDayOfVisibility Tsipras/Syriza pull it out WEF 2020 Zawinul ‘Cultural Palynology’ by Barbara Grothus Featured at the ‘Visualizing Albuquerque’ Exhibit ‘The Red Nation’ and Allies to Demand ABQ Abolish Columbus Day
I’ve been guilty of the sin of ♥ing Schadenfreude for a long time, but these smears by innuendo (in many cases) tickle my innards purple. I’d been trying a 2 Photos Caption Contest for fun to deflect a bit from the current troubling zeitgeist.
‘Melinda Gates ‘warned’ husband Bill about meeting sex predator Jeffrey Epstein, divorce reportedly ‘not friendly’ – reports’, 7 May, 2021
“It’s not clear why Gates’ meeting with Epstein in 2013 was so objectionable when their earlier gatherings had apparently gone down without any drama, though it’s doubtful that Melinda would have wanted to make a scene in a room with her husband and several business prospects. Gates and Epstein have a history dating back into the 1990s, according to an Evening Standard article from January 2001 that – while focusing on Prince Andrew’s own relationship with Epstein – also mentioned the financier as someone to whom he had entrusted “many millions”.
‘Israel continues “full force” attacks on Gaza, backed by US and several Arab states’, Jean Shaoul, May 17, 2021 (w/ permission; my bolds)
A Palestinian man reacts over the body of his father as others carry him to the morgue after he was killed in an Israeli airstrike that destroyed the upper floors of a commercial building and caused damage to the nearby Health Ministry and prime health care clinic, in Gaza City, Monday, May 17, 2021. (AP Photo/Khalil Hamra)
“Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu authorized Israel’s heaviest airstrikes on Gaza City yesterday, insisting that the war will go on “as long as necessary” and that attacks on Gaza would continue in “full force.” Israel “wants to levy a heavy price” from Hamas, the Muslim Brotherhood group that rules Gaza, he added.
Explained: Why did Israeli forces storm Al-Aqsa Mosque? May 7, 2021
‘Over 215 Injuries Among Palestinian Worshipers At Al-Aqsa Mosque’, Quds News Network, May 10, 2021
Occupied Jerusalem (QNN)- The Red Crescent said that the number of injuries among Palestinian worshipers at Al-Aqsa Mosque has increased to reach more than 215, including 135 cases that were hospitalized and 4 in critical condition.
‘UK to send largest Carrier Strike Group since Falklands/Malvinas war to South China Sea’, Robert Stevens, 29 April 2021, wsws.org (w/ permission; my bolds):
“The NATO-backed mission is being led by the UK’s new £3.2 billion aircraft carrier, HMS Queen Elizabeth, on its first operational deployment. The carrier, the navy’s largest and most powerful warship ever, was launched in October 2017 and has been involved in sea trials and operational training since. It is described by the Navy as being “able to strike from the sea at a time and place of our choosing…”
Other nations desiring global multilateralism seem to be wearying of endless pressures: crushing sanctions (or war by other means), bombastic military threats, lies presented as truths: China, Russia, Venezuela, Bolivia. But given the power of US client-state Zionist Israel, Iran deserves special attention right now.
From Iranian FM Javad Zarif on Twitter:
Nuclear terrorism at Natanz has unleashed dangerous spiral that can only be contained by ending US economic terrorism initiated by Trump
From the Guardian, April 11, 2021:
‘Israel appears to confirm it carried out cyberattack on Iran nuclear facility; Shutdown happened hours after Natanz reactor’s new centrifuges were started
March 30, 2021 via the Popular Resistance newsletter
In this second round of conversation, Professor Michael Hudson and Pepe Escobar discuss the emerging economic world order which they define not so much as a conflict between nations, but a rivalry between two competing models of the economy. The finance capital driven model of the West with a domination of the FIRE sector, versus the mixed economy model represented by China and Russia which seeks to rein in rent seeking, combined with public banking and state funded infrastructure to support market compliant industrial development. In Professor Hudson’s view, this model was advocated by classical economists, from Mill, Ricardo, to Henry George; and is largely responsible for the West’s past successes.
Possibly Part one of II. For now, two from wsws (with permission):
‘US imperialism puts China in its sights’, Andre Damon, 16 March 2021, wsws.org
“Behind the backs of the American and world population, the Biden administration and the US military are preparing an escalation of military tensions against China with incalculable consequences.
In a wide-ranging ABC exclusive almost nine-minute interview, George Snuffleupagous sat down with President Joe Biden. (video embedded) A partial transcript of the March 17 interview, selected quotes:
“Biden also told Stephanopoulos that he agreed Russian President Vladimir Putin was a “killer” and would “pay a price” for interfering in U.S. elections.
‘No Room for Political Games at IAEA: Iranian President , March, 04, 2021, tasnim news english (CC)
“Iranian President Hassan Rouhani cautioned the European troika to avoid politicizing Iran’s case at the International Atomic Energy Agency as the UK, France and Germany are pushing for a resolution against Tehran in the UN nuclear agency’s Board of Governors.
“The (International Atomic Energy) Agency is not a venue for political games. Political games must be abandoned. The Agency is a place for technical work,” the Iranian president said on Thursday after inaugurating a number of projects carried out by the Interior Ministry.
‘Seven years after Maidan divided country, Ukraine intensifies shelling of Donbass to sound of deafening silence from Western media’, March 2, 2021, ingaza.wordpress.com
(No copyright, but f you appreciate her extraordinary work, and can afford to contribute, click in and see a Donate Button on the right sidebar.)
You may not want to click in, but sometimes all that’s left is for us to bear witness…and remember forever.
‘Half of Texas without clean water as state and federal governments look the other way’, Chase Lawrence, Feb. 19, 2021 (w/permission, large excerpts)
“More than 14.6 million Texans, about half of the population of the state, remained under a boil-water advisory Friday, according to Texas Commission on Environmental Quality spokeswoman Tiffany Young. This encompasses more than 1,225 water supply systems and 63 percent of Texas counties following the record winter storm which hit the state last weekend.
In a press conference Austin Water Director Greg Meszaros stated that “we know that there are tens of thousands of leaks,” and that the Austin Fire Department responded to “thousands upon thousands of burst pipes.” In Houston, the fire department received almost 5,000 reports of burst pipes.
First: ‘NATO’s Road To Perdition With Ukraine’, editorial staff, strategic-culture.org, Feb. 12, 2021 (CC w/ attrib.)
“The US-led NATO military alliance is moving ever closer to accepting Ukraine as a new member. This is an incredibly incendiary step towards war that could escalate into a nuclear conflagration.
Despite repeated and long-standing warnings by Russia, the US-led NATO military alliance has indicated it is moving ever closer to accepting Ukraine as a new member. This is an incredibly incendiary step towards war that could escalate into a nuclear conflagration. And, risibly, this reckless initiative is being driven by an alliance which proclaims to be about upholding peace and security.
‘BREAKING: Black Lives Matter Inland Empire Announces Departure from BLM Global Network’, Feb. 4, 2021 by leftoutmag.com (my bolds)
“Recently, a group of BLM chapters known as the BLM 10 has come forward to voice their concerns and opposition to the Global Network. Those concerns, along with the egregious conduct the Global network demonstrated on Dr. Martin Luther King’s birthday, have brought us to the conclusion that continuing to remain silent would be an act of betrayal. While the issues and problems that have been raised have been well known within our circle for years, it prompted many questions & concerns for us locally. We’d like to let the community know everything outlined in the statement put out by the BLM 10 is valid. We’ve also reached out to the BLM 10 and offered to sign on in support. Hopefully, we can provide insight and clarification into our chapter’s history, our relationship with the global network, and our commitments going forward.
Multiple outlets and indy journalists are reporting that the Biden DoJ will continue Trump’s prosecution and the extradition of Julian Assange…and of course press freedom everywhere. The following have no copyright:
The Antiwar Movement Must Not Go Back To Sleep During The Biden Presidency
On Saturday, members of the administrative committee of the United National Antiwar Coalition (UNAC), on which I serve, spoke on a webinar about the importance of building and strengthening the antiwar, anti-imperialist movement during Biden’s presidency. UNAC was founded during the summer of 2010 as it became clear that the antiwar movement in the US was faltering under the nation’s first black president. Peace groups allied with the Democrats were reluctant to criticize the president and donations declined as people wrongly assumed the new Nobel Peace Prize winner was pro-peace.
‘STRATCOM chief claims nuclear war with Russia or China a ‘REAL POSSIBILITY,’ says US can’t assume ‘strategic deterrence will hold’’, 6 Feb, 2021
“The head of US Strategic Command is warning that nuclear war with Russia or China is “a real possibility,” pointing to “destabilizing” behaviors of America’s rivals. He also claims the Pentagon is not “stuck in the Cold War.”
“There is a real possibility that a regional crisis with Russia or China could escalate quickly to a conflict involving nuclear weapons, if they perceived a conventional loss would threaten the regime or state,” STRATCOM chief and Vice Admiral Charles Richard wrote in the February issue of the US Naval Institute’s monthly magazine.
O, what a train wreck this is bound to be! What this nation absolutely needs just now is further divisiveness, as AOC calls for more funding to deprogram white supremacists and other D-related woke McCarthyite blacklists, MAGA-voters re-education camps and such. Never mind Joe Biden’s supremely dubious record on Black Civil Rights resembles…white supremacy. But hey, he’s assembled a most diverse cabinet of neo-cons and warmongers, and desires to Unify the Nation! Sure, he and Ms. Pelosi want help from Republicans to further their own stated agendas, but Trump must be held accountable!
Will it further piss off the 74,000+ Trump voters, some 9 million of whom had voted for President Wall Street and War, Inc. Obomba in 2012? No, the working class was sold out wholesale by that Nobel Peace Prize recipient weren’t we?
Will those of us who’d like to make Common Cause with some MAGA voters be able to after this already Domed to Fail debacle? I’d needed to Bingle for what’s been up with the Impeachment and had found these facts at a couple different sites: Continue reading