- What Evils *Don’t* Lurk in the Heart of Vladimir Putin?
- it didn’t have to be this way…except that we were this way
- mid-september open menu
- Hurricane Florence Coverage
- showcasing visual poetry by magi amma
- WTF? an anonymous call for a palace coup from the Resistance© inside the trump administration
- Was the assassination of Aleksandr Zakharchenko a prelude to all-out war on Donbass?
- Arundhati Roy: #Me Too Urban Naxal
- Kremlin Sources Go Quiet Leaving CIA in the Dark About Putin’s Plans for Midterms
- these 2 Tweets define the amerikan empire
- psyops within psyops over syria, including exploited children & a PSA from john bolton
- a War and Peace Report on Iran
- Spike Lee’s been griftin’ for the NYPD; #wth?
- yes sir, yes sir, three tweets full
- a storify in search of some truth
- site meta & aug. crescent moon open menu
- ♫ Can’t get enough of that Novichok♪ Novichok♪ Novichok♫…Can’t get enough….♪
- Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war! a vote in epic bipartisan collegiality
- what’s life like in your town?
- open menu, almost august
- Rs and Ds Unite in defense of the #War on Police
- UK bioethics body promotes gene editing of human embryos
- Trump, Pompeo, and Bolton bellow for Catastrophic War on Iran
- Update to ‘hideouser and hideouser fukkery waged against assange’
- Countering #TreasonSummit on Twitter
- #BaltimoreUprising evolution storify #Black August #BreakTheCurfew Oakland #Caravana43 protesting the disappeared Ayotzinapa students #Fight for 15 International Today in 270 cities #HandsOffSyria #MarchAgainstMonsanto 2015 #MillionMomsMarch #NativeLivesMatter and other indigenous news #NoDapl #SaayHerName Afro Blue Albuquerque People’s Tribunal on Police Brutality A message from Leonard Peltier on the Occasion of his 71st Birthday and the Hideous Majority Anonymous Million Mask March Flashmobs Today Antiwar black community control of police Black is Back Black Community policing conference bob Urie Brother Cornell West Published in the Smithsonian Magazine Citizens Report: 'Targeted: Prejudice and Racial Bias in the Albuquerque Police Department’ Climate Change Tipping Point Realities v. COP21 Paris Part II Closing arguments in the trial of LAPD officer Mary O'Callaghan Dahr Jamail via Truthout David Correia December According to Harry Shearer Delphi Declaration on Greece and Europe Democracy DHS Is Paying Students to Spy on Classmates in the Name of Safer Schools for Some™ Disarm the NYPD Coalition F*cking the Haitian 99%: Another Clinton Family Project Franklin Graham Freddie Gray beaten to death by BPD Glen Ford Hilarious Disconnect: White Liberals for Sanders Telling #BLM Activists What to Do ILWU May Day Oakland Port Shutdowns Introducing Avaaz Jasmine Richards #BLM protestor charged with terrorism Late Summer Police Stories: the Potentially Good Magna Carta at 800 May 2 #BlackSpring/#Baltimore Rising Medicaid clawbacks meta Neill Franklin 'Purge the Baltimore PD from within' New Pentagon “Law of War” Manual Obama declares Venezuela "an extraordinary threat to US national security" Obama Reiterates Enthusiastic Support for Legalizing MMJ oh yes Omali Yeshitalaya Orange Lady Preliminary Hearing of APD Cops Sandy and Perez in the Execution of James Boyd; Pt. I; a Storify Public Citizen's Press Release on the TPP 99% Race to the Bottom Red Nation march on Gallup NM against violence and racism Respectability Politics Won’t Cut It Now. Did They Ever? Rest in Peace and Paint Dear Antonio Ramos Reverend William E. Alberts San Carlos Apaches’ Oak Flats Sovereign Spirituality Stolen by John McCain & Friends satire Seventy Years Ago This Week: Hiroshima and Nagasaki Shorter Spain's new fascist 'gag rule' STRATCOM as per Russia/Syria-Ukraine test post the Apostle of Hatred the Bad The Crescent City 10 Years after the Levees Failed Three Headlines and a Tweet Sum Up the Empire’s Response to ‘Paris’ TransDayOfVisibility Tsipras/Syriza pull it out War Zawinul ‘Cultural Palynology’ by Barbara Grothus Featured at the ‘Visualizing Albuquerque’ Exhibit ‘The Red Nation’ and Allies to Demand ABQ Abolish Columbus Day ‘We Love Being Lakota’ short film
Author Archives: wendyedavis
Caution, Hard Hat Area: hippie philosophizing ahead; this is probably totally half-baked, but I hadn’t had the time to bake it…fully.
The title is paraphrasing John Trudell in his scary-brilliant 1986 ‘Rich Man’s War’. Mr. wd and I had a conversation about that phrase recently, as well as discussing my long-held beliefs and writings that humanity had been on the path of a great psycho-spiritual awakening led predominantly by the Indigenous of the earth.
If you click into magi’s art website you see her favorite artists and their influence on her artworks. You’ll also see ‘Lean Forward – No, lean further forward!, an interview with Magi Amma by Lisa Leonard.
Her ‘about tab’ is by way of an introduction by the curator of magi amma’s 2005 retrospective show at the Louie-Meager Art Gallery in Fremont, CA; the catalog pdf of the artwork is on her Ohlone Retrospective tab.
This is by way of Old News by now, but I’ve been trying to catch up. You’ll know about this Deep Throat voice: ‘I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration; I work for the president but like-minded colleagues and I have vowed to thwart parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations’, NY ‘all the news that’s fit to print’ Times.com, Sept. 5, 2018, (& handily included: Leer en español 阅读简体中文版閱 讀繁體中文版 한국어로 읽기日本語で読む)
On August 31 Aleksandr Vladimirovich Zakharchenko, Prime Minister of the self-proclaimed Donetsk Republic was killed by an explosive device in Café Separa in Donestk. His body guard was also killed, eleven others were injured.
At least 120,000 mourners attended his funeral on Saturday. Zakharchenko had led the breakaway republic since November 2014 when armed conflict broke out between the DPR, neighboring Lugansk and the Ukrainian military, neo(?)-Nazi militias, and armed provocateurs. He had apparently survived several earlier assassination attempts.