- Trump issues covid relief executive orders
- War Criminal Elliott Abrams Tapped as the US Special Envoy to Iran
- More Hellacious News for the PO & Voting by Mail
- Our Rulers Flip the Rabble Classes another Bird
- X Rebellion scientists v Jem Bendel’s Deep Adaptation
- Not a Bedtime Story: Part III (a sunday vignette)
- grim post office news & a PSA
- Epic Hypocrisy by Tweet
- Not a Bedtime Story: Pt II (a sunday vignette)
- a PSA: Judge releases new body-cam footage in the murder of George Floyd
- Can Bolivians Survive the Coup Regime?
- Not a Bedtime Story: Pt. I (a vignette)
- AMLO Meets with Trump in D.C.
- US Congress: Out to Lunch from July 3 to July 20
- On this 4th of July, 2020
- the CIA Times as > than Hearst News Yellow Journalism
- the 1919 Red Summer race riots horrors
- SCOTUS Votes 7-2 Against Due Process for Asylum Seekers
- Julian Assange Charged yesterday in Surreal ‘Superceding Indictment’
- ‘The Tulsa Race Riot and Three of Its Victims’ by B.C. Franklin; an eyewitness account
- LA cops murder another kid
- CIA Incompetence Led to WikiLeaks’ Vault 7 Publications
- the term ‘Race’ as an obscuring misnomer: Pt. I
- Co-optation by Kente Cloth
- white male arrested in the burning of Precinct 3
- #BaltimoreUprising evolution storify #Black August #BreakTheCurfew Oakland #Caravana43 protesting the disappeared Ayotzinapa students #Fight for 15 International Today in 270 cities #HandsOffBolivia #hands off iran #HandsOffSyria #MarchAgainstMonsanto 2015 #MillionMomsMarch #NativeLivesMatter and other indigenous news #NoDapl #SaayHerName #TreasonSummit Afro Blue Albuquerque People’s Tribunal on Police Brutality A message from Leonard Peltier on the Occasion of his 71st Birthday and the Hideous Majority Anonymous Million Mask March Flashmobs Today black community control of police Black is Back Black Community policing conference bob Urie Brother Cornell West Published in the Smithsonian Magazine Citizens Report: 'Targeted: Prejudice and Racial Bias in the Albuquerque Police Department’ Closing arguments in the trial of LAPD officer Mary O'Callaghan coup against nicolas maduro David Correia Delphi Declaration on Greece and Europe DHS Is Paying Students to Spy on Classmates in the Name of Safer Schools for Some™ Disarm the NYPD Coalition dont't extradite assange! F*cking the Haitian 99%: Another Clinton Family Project Franklin Graham Freddie Gray beaten to death by BPD Free Julian Assange Glen Ford HandsOffIran! Hilarious Disconnect: White Liberals for Sanders Telling #BLM Activists What to Do ILWU May Day Oakland Port Shutdowns Jasmine Richards #BLM protestor charged with terrorism Late Summer Police Stories: the Potentially Good Magna Carta at 800 May 2 #BlackSpring/#Baltimore Rising Medicaid clawbacks meta Neill Franklin 'Purge the Baltimore PD from within' New Pentagon “Law of War” Manual Novichok™ Obama declares Venezuela "an extraordinary threat to US national security" Obama Reiterates Enthusiastic Support for Legalizing MMJ oh yes Omali Yeshitalaya Orange Lady Preliminary Hearing of APD Cops Sandy and Perez in the Execution of James Boyd; Pt. I; a Storify Public Citizen's Press Release on the TPP 99% Race to the Bottom Red Nation march on Gallup NM against violence and racism Respectability Politics Won’t Cut It Now. Did They Ever? Rest in Peace and Paint Dear Antonio Ramos Reverend William E. Alberts San Carlos Apaches’ Oak Flats Sovereign Spirituality Stolen by John McCain & Friends satire Seventy Years Ago This Week: Hiroshima and Nagasaki Shorter skripals Spain's new fascist 'gag rule' STRATCOM as per Russia/Syria-Ukraine test post the Apostle of Hatred the Bad The Crescent City 10 Years after the Levees Failed TransDayOfVisibility Tsipras/Syriza pull it out Zawinul ‘Cultural Palynology’ by Barbara Grothus Featured at the ‘Visualizing Albuquerque’ Exhibit ‘The Red Nation’ and Allies to Demand ABQ Abolish Columbus Day
Category Archives: indigenous global activism
This report is hella tardy, even though I’ve been working on it off and on for a long time. But as the Hobbits say: “Need brooks no delay, yet…better late than never. And always carry a bit of stout rope in your pack”. Here’s hoping you’re inspired by their endeavors.
‘Mexican Women Plan Historic Strike Against Femicides; Millions of people are being called to join the country’s first all-women labour strike, to demand government action against gender-based violence, By Isabella Cora, Open Democracy, March 8, 2020
I’ve been thinking of analogies such as Kristallnacht, then after more days of protests and police actions: pogroms. At this point, it’s become impossible for me not to write up, as grotesque as it is. Will the DoJ and Congress sanction the hell out of him and his government, and revoke Genocidaire Modi his American Visa as the GW Bush did? And make it permanent? Ah, but Obomba had let him in again with great fanfare and approbation, hadn’t he? Because: the market of 3.8 billion people for Silicon Valley? And DT loves him! BFFs with virtually conjoined hearts!
It began: ‘India adopts Hindu supremacist citizenship law’, Rohantha De Silva and Keith Jones, 13 December 2019, wsws.org
“In the face of widespread popular opposition and warnings that India is rending its “secular” political-constitutional order, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government have rammed through legislation that effectively redefines Indian citizenship in Hindu supremacist terms.
(Via radiohavanacuba.cu/en, 27/11/19)
‘The year of 2019 is coming to a close and with it, comes the day most Americans set aside as a day for Thanksgiving. As I let my mind wander beyond the steel bars and concrete walls, I try to imagine what the people who live outside the prison gates are doing, and what they are thinking. Do they ever think of the Indigenous people who were forced from their homelands? Do they understand that with every step they take, no matter the direction, that they are walking on stolen land? Can they imagine, even for one minute, what it was like to watch the suffering of the women, the children and babies and yes, the sick and elderly, as they were made to keep pushing west in freezing temperatures, with little or no food?
How did I not see this coming? This first Tweet is from the self-same fellow also reTweets bellingcat (online crowd-sourced journalism. So now add #SOSBolivia, #SOSVZ, #SOSCuba, the whole list. << Oh, and see the rally today in Florida at the link? ‘R2PVenezuela’. Now that one I have seen coming for a long time…and thank you to all D progressives who’ve criminalized Maduro’s ‘regime’ in the name of…some lying drivel or other… Oh! the ordinary people he’s murdering and starving; I remember now!
It’s almost too much to bear, but it’s my fervent belief that we should willing to bear witness to the continual patterns of evil perpetrated on our Indigenous brothers and sisters, and in this case, especially the children. And oh, my, his title might almost stand as a warning for all that comes next. But be brave as you can be, as we only live all the following horrors vicariously, even as they pierce our hearts and souls, or react viscerally.
From ‘Darkness Bringing Us Down’ by Michael Welton, July 31, 2019, counterpunch.org
“If you dare enter the door of [Ojibwe] Tanya Talaga’s Massey Lectures of 2018, [the book form] All Our Relations: Finding the Path Forward, be prepared to face some dark truths. These terrible truths explode in our faces like mines buried on a battlefield as we traverse the disconsolate pages. An accomplished and honoured journalist (author of Seven Fallen Feathers: Racism, Death, and Hard Truths in a Northern City ), Talaga writes with acid dripping from her pen.
Around here, we call the BLM the ‘Bureau of Livestock and Mining’. Every year they seem more committed to changing even National Monument area into ‘multiple use’ areas (read: multiple abuse). While I’ve been working on this piece for a couple days, I’d almost postponed its publication after being outraged at the ‘News’ over the past two days, including ahead of ‘Independence Day’. Some of you may want a break from the nasty zeitgeist afoot as well.
After featuring bits from the title, I’ll be delving further into the Chacoan culture below the fold…if you don’t care to read that far.
(The Victory comes with caveats, of course.)
It’s been a long battle, beginning as early as May 11, 2017. From honortheearth.org on that date:
‘Water Protectors Gather at Enbridge Shareholder Meeting in Calgary to STOP LINE 3’
Caution, Hard Hat Area: hippie philosophizing ahead; this is probably totally half-baked, but I hadn’t had the time to bake it…fully.
The title is paraphrasing John Trudell in his scary-brilliant 1986 ‘Rich Man’s War’. Mr. wd and I had a conversation about that phrase recently, as well as discussing my long-held beliefs and writings that humanity had been on the path of a great psycho-spiritual awakening led predominantly by the Indigenous of the earth.
Barely a sequel but related nevertheless to wde’s latest entry.
In Raving on stage: Concert by Roger Waters ends in scandal, Berliner Zeitung author Frank Junghänel, submits a commentary posing almost as a concert review. He has something to say about the blurry line between the criticism of the policies of the State of Israel and anti-semitism and last night’s performance by Roger Waters at the, cough, Mercedes Benz Arena is somewhere in his sights.
Caveat lector: This is my translation. My comment on/at the original follows:
(This is a reprise from 2013 I’d titled: ‘Israelis help crush the Zapatistas & Here’s why‘. That reason will come toward the end. These militant indigenous and their allies are one shining example of those who threw off the yokes of their neo-colonialist by oppressors shouting Basta! , and acting on their militancy. Against all odds, their communities are still alive and growing today.)
The Black Alliance for Peace’s Feb. 15 newsletter, ‘Venezuela in Crisis’:
‘Israel Pays a Bounty of $5,000 and Arms for Each African Asylum Seeker Expelled’; Israel was the main driver behind the 1951 UN Convention on the Rights of Refugees, but after signing it, it has never respected the rights of refugees. In fact, it has created one of the biggest refugee crisis the world has seen, says Journalist and Filmmaker Lia Tarachansky. (the transcript of the 21 minutes is here, but the visuals and voices are of prime importance, imo.)
Over’t con- cum neofem Arianna Huff’n’Po’s e-RAGgregator, the mighty lame duck is takin’ action to save the future from sure destruction!
Purple is Green at AriannaOnLine. Who’s more cynical: Me – for thinking this is a typical ploy to control the narrative (such as there is one, rather than just a stupid sense of the way things are), with the Forth Estate coordinating with Pennsylvania Avenue Ink to hijack key phrases like “Save Public Land”? Or them – for doing it?
For those unfamiliar with the concept of keyword hijacking, it involves burying some other uncomfortable reality in close semantic proximity to the verbiage chosen for the burial. In this case, let’s call it Building a Presidential Legacy on Sacred Ground or Muddying the Waters of First Nations in the Name of the First and only ever Free World.
Wait. Am I being hasty here. Look at this:
See that? He saves Viro Mints!!
One thing I love about wd’s letting me diarise here is that I can let someone else do my fact checking. Like, what say you about the following Café?
During his eight years in office, Obama has carved out an impressive environmental legacy. He helped broker the Paris Agreement, the most significant climate change deal in history; instituted the Clean Power Plan, described as the strongest action ever taken by a U.S. president to combat global warming; and protected more land and water ― more than 265 million acres ― than any other president in history, including the establishment of the world’s largest marine reserve, among other green initiatives.
One thing I do know is that that there Paris Agreement does not do anything to avert the certain global ruin we face. To deny that is to deny climate change.