- open menu; add what you’d like
- As the drumbeats for war on Iran grow more thunderous, ‘education is key’
- Serial ‘Storyteller’ Lying Luke Harding endangers Julian Assange…again
- why isn’t putin helping syria defend herself from israeli attacks? some answers from commentariat at MoA
- Bruce Dixon’s critique of Rev Barber’s sermon on militarism
- more hell for gazans, T out of iran nuke deal, israel strikes syria…
- skripals & co. in Deep Dark badger holes under a D notice
- made in amerika: state department bugle call: onward the syrian salafist principality!
- paul haeder’s ‘Capitalism’s heroes are the people’s scoundrels’
- ‘likely’ israeli strikes on military outposts in hama and aleppo reported by state tv
- because democracy dies in darkness…and drowns in #Fake News…
- Syrian Narratives: the Worthy, the Scurvy, and the Topsy-Turvy
- Say his name! Say her name! Say their names! (a storify)
- Pullin’ their Counterpunches? (you decide)
- Updates….while we wait a bit more…[updated at the end of comments w/ airstrikes news]
- 2 breaking headlines: an open thread…while we wait
- Alleged Gas Attack in Eastern Gouta Provides Cover for a Wider Regional War
- further virtuous & principled gifts from Bibi’s ‘most moral army in the world’©
- Updates on the Silencing and Isolation of Julian Assange
- How prevalent is radical feminism’s misandry problem?
- #Shamnesty International Rides Again!
- The Parkland Students Gun Laws Manifesto: OMG & WTF?
- Unholy hell: the EU Commission just approved Bayer’s $62 billion acquisition of Monsanto
- MAGA Jobs!: Trump Inks Weapons Deal with the Clown Prince
- Continuing Fire, Fury, Torches, and Disinformation over Ukraine
- #BaltimoreUprising evolution storify #Black August #BreakTheCurfew Oakland #Caravana43 protesting the disappeared Ayotzinapa students #Fight for 15 International Today in 270 cities #HandsOffSyria #MarchAgainstMonsanto 2015 #MillionMomsMarch #NativeLivesMatter and other indigenous news #NoDapl #SaayHerName Afro Blue Albuquerque People’s Tribunal on Police Brutality A message from Leonard Peltier on the Occasion of his 71st Birthday and the Hideous Majority Anonymous Million Mask March Flashmobs Today Antiwar black community control of police Black is Back Black Community policing conference bob Urie Brother Cornell West Published in the Smithsonian Magazine Citizens Report: 'Targeted: Prejudice and Racial Bias in the Albuquerque Police Department’ Climate Change Tipping Point Realities v. COP21 Paris Part II Closing arguments in the trial of LAPD officer Mary O'Callaghan Dahr Jamail via Truthout David Correia December According to Harry Shearer Delphi Declaration on Greece and Europe Democracy DHS Is Paying Students to Spy on Classmates in the Name of Safer Schools for Some™ Disarm the NYPD Coalition F*cking the Haitian 99%: Another Clinton Family Project Franklin Graham Freddie Gray beaten to death by BPD Glen Ford Hilarious Disconnect: White Liberals for Sanders Telling #BLM Activists What to Do ILWU May Day Oakland Port Shutdowns Introducing Avaaz Jasmine Richards #BLM protestor charged with terrorism Late Summer Police Stories: the Potentially Good Magna Carta at 800 May 2 #BlackSpring/#Baltimore Rising Medicaid clawbacks meta Neill Franklin 'Purge the Baltimore PD from within' New Pentagon “Law of War” Manual Obama declares Venezuela "an extraordinary threat to US national security" Obama Reiterates Enthusiastic Support for Legalizing MMJ oh yes Omali Yeshitalaya Orange Lady Preliminary Hearing of APD Cops Sandy and Perez in the Execution of James Boyd; Pt. I; a Storify Public Citizen's Press Release on the TPP 99% Race to the Bottom Red Nation march on Gallup NM against violence and racism Respectability Politics Won’t Cut It Now. Did They Ever? Rest in Peace and Paint Dear Antonio Ramos Reverend William E. Alberts San Carlos Apaches’ Oak Flats Sovereign Spirituality Stolen by John McCain & Friends satire Seventy Years Ago This Week: Hiroshima and Nagasaki Shorter Spain's new fascist 'gag rule' STRATCOM as per Russia/Syria-Ukraine test post the Apostle of Hatred the Bad The Crescent City 10 Years after the Levees Failed Three Headlines and a Tweet Sum Up the Empire’s Response to ‘Paris’ TransDayOfVisibility Tsipras/Syriza pull it out War Zawinul ‘Cultural Palynology’ by Barbara Grothus Featured at the ‘Visualizing Albuquerque’ Exhibit ‘The Red Nation’ and Allies to Demand ABQ Abolish Columbus Day ‘We Love Being Lakota’ short film
Pt. I: a flash history of Iran by Nyusha (‘orphan of the revolution’); an epic piece of work by storify, full of artwork, images, archival documents and photos. Some of the tweets have some of the same text as one above it, but I reckon you may get used to breezing by what’s doubled-up. Hint: different font sizes.
This diary was initially to feature his (and his Guardian cronies) May 14 ‘Sergei Skripal briefed European intelligence services, *reports say*’; Reported meetings between former Russian spy and several intelligence services in Europe may offer motive for poisoning, Luke Harding and allies, Mon 14 May 2018…in which I’d bring to bear his past lies and storytelling via ‘skripals & co. in Deep Dark badger holes under a D notice’, Café Babylon, May 3, 2018, featuring former UK Ambassador Craig Murray v. Luke Harding in Craig Murray’s: ‘Where They Tell You Not to Look’, and parallel investigative work by Thomas Scripps at wsws.org. I’d had the outline of it finished when I’d popped into Murray’s website yesterday afternoon and had checked out the Twitter accounts of some of the members of the Working Group on Syria, Propaganda and Media, wondering what they might have thought about Luke and Co’s current ironclad innuendo, but found nothing.
why isn’t putin helping syria defend herself from israeli attacks? some answers from commentariat at MoA
This diary may be on the absurd side, but I know that this issue’s bothered any number of us (including many tankies on Twitter), but this comment thread posits some opinions and offers many links to buttress arguments. Of course there were disagreements I haven’t included, but not wanting to risk a wider war with Israel at this point, with so many dangers on Russia’s borders…makes sense to me. Can’t say I’ve checked out more than a couple links…
Not surprising, but even so, still disappointing. All content at BAR is listed as Creative Commons, so I’ll bring all of it. ‘Barber’s Sermon on Militarism Reveals Philosophical & Political Limitations of the Poor Peoples Campaign’, Bruce A. Dixon, BAR managing editor, 11 May 2018