- A 3000 Word Hoodwinking Hit Piece on WikiLeaks, Pt.II of II Pts.
- #MeToo, #MeThree, #HimThough, #HowIwillchange…
- The Intercept’s Most Recent Screed against Julian Assange
- ‘Thanksgiving in LA: From Hollywood’s American dream to social nightmare’
- open menu; feel free to contribute [updated]
- As Trial Begins Trump Protest Attendees Face 60 Years in Prison
- a NATO Space Command plus ‘The Nuclearization of Space’
- everything i needed to know about Amazon’s dark arts i learned from the wsws
- Russophobia Gone ‘Round the Twist Meets unHoly Hypocrisy
- Jack: ‘You are the truest person I’ve ever known’; thoughts on ‘shadowlands’
- How do you spell OMG? One Way is: Putin.Derangement.Syndrome
- Today is the first day of Dia de los Muertos; may we celebrate it in our hearts…
- Nato Blues, the Empire’s Vast Array of Shoes & DiFi’s HUAC*
- Hopi snake dance impressions
- site weirdness afoot: goblins eating comments
- Discussion Q: is the US under military control?
- Ecomodernism v Ecosocialism (Ian Angus’s version)
- ‘Ex DEA agent Opioid crisis fueled by drug industry and Congress.’ #60Minutes
- the 100% ‘renewable’ energy capitalist climate saviors
- judas h. priest, democracy now
- Poisonous Pedagogy and our Culture of Violence
- De-dollarization, Venezuela, and the Pentagon’s New Budgetary Axis of Evil
- Unity and Uniformity Reunified
- Oct. 1: the Massive Police Brutalization of Catalan Independence Referendum Voters
- via TRNN: ‘Wall Street Got a Bailout, Why Not Puerto Rico?
- #BaltimoreUprising evolution storify #Black August #BreakTheCurfew Oakland #Caravana43 protesting the disappeared Ayotzinapa students #Fight for 15 International Today in 270 cities #MarchAgainstMonsanto 2015 #MillionMomsMarch #NativeLivesMatter and other indigenous news #NoDapl #SaayHerName Afro Blue Albuquerque People’s Tribunal on Police Brutality A message from Leonard Peltier on the Occasion of his 71st Birthday and the Hideous Majority Anonymous Million Mask March Flashmobs Today Antiwar black community control of police Black is Back Black Community policing conference bob Urie Brother Cornell West Published in the Smithsonian Magazine Citizens Report: 'Targeted: Prejudice and Racial Bias in the Albuquerque Police Department’ Climate Change Tipping Point Realities v. COP21 Paris Part II Closing arguments in the trial of LAPD officer Mary O'Callaghan Dahr Jamail via Truthout David Correia December According to Harry Shearer Delphi Declaration on Greece and Europe Democracy DHS Is Paying Students to Spy on Classmates in the Name of Safer Schools for Some™ Disarm the NYPD Coalition F*cking the Haitian 99%: Another Clinton Family Project Franklin Graham Freddie Gray beaten to death by BPD Glen Ford Hilarious Disconnect: White Liberals for Sanders Telling #BLM Activists What to Do ILWU May Day Oakland Port Shutdowns Introducing Avaaz Jasmine Richards #BLM protestor charged with terrorism Late Summer Police Stories: the Potentially Good Magna Carta at 800 May 2 #BlackSpring/#Baltimore Rising Medicaid clawbacks meta Neill Franklin 'Purge the Baltimore PD from within' New Pentagon “Law of War” Manual Obama declares Venezuela "an extraordinary threat to US national security" Obama Reiterates Enthusiastic Support for Legalizing MMJ oh yes Omali Yeshitalaya Orange Lady Preliminary Hearing of APD Cops Sandy and Perez in the Execution of James Boyd; Pt. I; a Storify Public Citizen's Press Release on the TPP 99% Race to the Bottom Red Nation march on Gallup NM against violence and racism Respectability Politics Won’t Cut It Now. Did They Ever? Rest in Peace and Paint Dear Antonio Ramos Reverend William E. Alberts San Carlos Apaches’ Oak Flats Sovereign Spirituality Stolen by John McCain & Friends satire Seventy Years Ago This Week: Hiroshima and Nagasaki Shorter Spain's new fascist 'gag rule' STRATCOM as per Russia/Syria-Ukraine test post the Apostle of Hatred the Bad The Crescent City 10 Years after the Levees Failed Three Headlines and a Tweet Sum Up the Empire’s Response to ‘Paris’ TransDayOfVisibility Tsipras/Syriza pull it out War Words of the EZLN on the 22nd Anniversary of the Beginning of the War Against Oblivion Zawinul ‘Cultural Palynology’ by Barbara Grothus Featured at the ‘Visualizing Albuquerque’ Exhibit ‘The Red Nation’ and Allies to Demand ABQ Abolish Columbus Day ‘We Love Being Lakota’ short film
Category Archives: social unrest/nonviolent revolution
(nonviolent, of course, Mr. Brennan)
Yes, Banksy; what the world needs is a righteous, revolutionary, change of perspective. Collective mindfulness, if you will. That’s one kind of revolution Russell Brand’s calling for.
|By: wendydavis Tuesday August 23, 2011 11:03 am|
A related diary looked at the metrics of food and energy costs as a preconditions and/or predictors of civil unrest and revolution, different institutions having tracked the numbers as about 40% of total income per person and/or the population at large. Math can be useful as a predictor; most of us love charts and graphs that illustrate what we need to know to drive a point home.
But numbers and statistics can be sticky wickets, inaccurate models, leaving out the intangibles that may be even more causative drivers of events and major changes; these are far harder to track by their very nature. And yet, I’m about to give it a go, as absurd as it seems even to me. Up front I’ll admit to my belief that Americans just aren’t like other people; sorry for the bias, but…there it is.