- the turkish/kurdish debacle in northern syria
- eva bartlett commits actual journalism in Crimea
- the CIA Times: Putin’s Personal Plans to destabilize Europe
- Surreal: a true CIA palace coup against Trump
- Two reTweets for your consideration
- thursday’s fascist flares from florida
- further indications that the Pentagon is preparing for war on Iran
- OMG please make it stop.
- the hypocrisy level of pelosi’s impeachment ‘inquiry’ rises
- and now they’re coming after eco-socialist evo morales
- Judge: UK to imprison Julian Assange after his sentence ends
- mortally wounded, can bibi rise like a zombie from the dead?
- something a father wants his daughter to know
- more on the bombing of the Saudi aramco oil processing field
- Let Them Eat Cake: a Journey into Edward Said’s Humanism
- Barr and Durham to investigate the CIA
- what a bloody waste of time (a vignette)
- the Kontinuing Killing of Iran
- catching up on biotechnology and genetically modified organisms
- the rising tempo of julian assange’s murder in belmarsh gitmo
- Lindsey Graham wants a bilateral defense treaty with Israel
- the gift (a vignette)
- terrifying numbers of fires ablaze in the Amazon rainforest
- a Tweet for your consideration
- #BaltimoreUprising evolution storify #Black August #BreakTheCurfew Oakland #Caravana43 protesting the disappeared Ayotzinapa students #Fight for 15 International Today in 270 cities #hands off iran #HandsOffSyria #MarchAgainstMonsanto 2015 #MillionMomsMarch #NativeLivesMatter and other indigenous news #NoDapl #SaayHerName #TreasonSummit Afro Blue Albuquerque People’s Tribunal on Police Brutality A message from Leonard Peltier on the Occasion of his 71st Birthday and the Hideous Majority Anonymous Million Mask March Flashmobs Today Antiwar black community control of police Black is Back Black Community policing conference bob Urie Brother Cornell West Published in the Smithsonian Magazine Citizens Report: 'Targeted: Prejudice and Racial Bias in the Albuquerque Police Department’ Climate Change Tipping Point Realities v. COP21 Paris Part II Closing arguments in the trial of LAPD officer Mary O'Callaghan coup against nicolas maduro Dahr Jamail via Truthout David Correia Delphi Declaration on Greece and Europe DHS Is Paying Students to Spy on Classmates in the Name of Safer Schools for Some™ Disarm the NYPD Coalition F*cking the Haitian 99%: Another Clinton Family Project Franklin Graham Freddie Gray beaten to death by BPD Free Julian Assange Glen Ford Hilarious Disconnect: White Liberals for Sanders Telling #BLM Activists What to Do ILWU May Day Oakland Port Shutdowns Jasmine Richards #BLM protestor charged with terrorism Late Summer Police Stories: the Potentially Good Magna Carta at 800 May 2 #BlackSpring/#Baltimore Rising Medicaid clawbacks meta Neill Franklin 'Purge the Baltimore PD from within' New Pentagon “Law of War” Manual Novichok™ Obama declares Venezuela "an extraordinary threat to US national security" Obama Reiterates Enthusiastic Support for Legalizing MMJ oh yes Omali Yeshitalaya Orange Lady Preliminary Hearing of APD Cops Sandy and Perez in the Execution of James Boyd; Pt. I; a Storify Public Citizen's Press Release on the TPP 99% Race to the Bottom Red Nation march on Gallup NM against violence and racism Respectability Politics Won’t Cut It Now. Did They Ever? Rest in Peace and Paint Dear Antonio Ramos Reverend William E. Alberts San Carlos Apaches’ Oak Flats Sovereign Spirituality Stolen by John McCain & Friends satire Seventy Years Ago This Week: Hiroshima and Nagasaki Shorter Spain's new fascist 'gag rule' STRATCOM as per Russia/Syria-Ukraine test post the Apostle of Hatred the Bad The Crescent City 10 Years after the Levees Failed Three Headlines and a Tweet Sum Up the Empire’s Response to ‘Paris’ TransDayOfVisibility Tsipras/Syriza pull it out Zawinul ‘Cultural Palynology’ by Barbara Grothus Featured at the ‘Visualizing Albuquerque’ Exhibit ‘The Red Nation’ and Allies to Demand ABQ Abolish Columbus Day
Category Archives: social unrest/nonviolent revolution
(nonviolent, of course, Mr. Brennan)
Yes, Banksy; what the world needs is a righteous, revolutionary, change of perspective. Collective mindfulness, if you will. That’s one kind of revolution Russell Brand’s calling for.
|By: wendydavis Tuesday August 23, 2011 11:03 am|
A related diary looked at the metrics of food and energy costs as a preconditions and/or predictors of civil unrest and revolution, different institutions having tracked the numbers as about 40% of total income per person and/or the population at large. Math can be useful as a predictor; most of us love charts and graphs that illustrate what we need to know to drive a point home.
But numbers and statistics can be sticky wickets, inaccurate models, leaving out the intangibles that may be even more causative drivers of events and major changes; these are far harder to track by their very nature. And yet, I’m about to give it a go, as absurd as it seems even to me. Up front I’ll admit to my belief that Americans just aren’t like other people; sorry for the bias, but…there it is.