- Trump issues covid relief executive orders
- War Criminal Elliott Abrams Tapped as the US Special Envoy to Iran
- More Hellacious News for the PO & Voting by Mail
- Our Rulers Flip the Rabble Classes another Bird
- X Rebellion scientists v Jem Bendel’s Deep Adaptation
- Not a Bedtime Story: Part III (a sunday vignette)
- grim post office news & a PSA
- Epic Hypocrisy by Tweet
- Not a Bedtime Story: Pt II (a sunday vignette)
- a PSA: Judge releases new body-cam footage in the murder of George Floyd
- Can Bolivians Survive the Coup Regime?
- Not a Bedtime Story: Pt. I (a vignette)
- AMLO Meets with Trump in D.C.
- US Congress: Out to Lunch from July 3 to July 20
- On this 4th of July, 2020
- the CIA Times as > than Hearst News Yellow Journalism
- the 1919 Red Summer race riots horrors
- SCOTUS Votes 7-2 Against Due Process for Asylum Seekers
- Julian Assange Charged yesterday in Surreal ‘Superceding Indictment’
- ‘The Tulsa Race Riot and Three of Its Victims’ by B.C. Franklin; an eyewitness account
- LA cops murder another kid
- CIA Incompetence Led to WikiLeaks’ Vault 7 Publications
- the term ‘Race’ as an obscuring misnomer: Pt. I
- Co-optation by Kente Cloth
- white male arrested in the burning of Precinct 3
- #BaltimoreUprising evolution storify #Black August #BreakTheCurfew Oakland #Caravana43 protesting the disappeared Ayotzinapa students #Fight for 15 International Today in 270 cities #HandsOffBolivia #hands off iran #HandsOffSyria #MarchAgainstMonsanto 2015 #MillionMomsMarch #NativeLivesMatter and other indigenous news #NoDapl #SaayHerName #TreasonSummit Afro Blue Albuquerque People’s Tribunal on Police Brutality A message from Leonard Peltier on the Occasion of his 71st Birthday and the Hideous Majority Anonymous Million Mask March Flashmobs Today black community control of police Black is Back Black Community policing conference bob Urie Brother Cornell West Published in the Smithsonian Magazine Citizens Report: 'Targeted: Prejudice and Racial Bias in the Albuquerque Police Department’ Closing arguments in the trial of LAPD officer Mary O'Callaghan coup against nicolas maduro David Correia Delphi Declaration on Greece and Europe DHS Is Paying Students to Spy on Classmates in the Name of Safer Schools for Some™ Disarm the NYPD Coalition dont't extradite assange! F*cking the Haitian 99%: Another Clinton Family Project Franklin Graham Freddie Gray beaten to death by BPD Free Julian Assange Glen Ford HandsOffIran! Hilarious Disconnect: White Liberals for Sanders Telling #BLM Activists What to Do ILWU May Day Oakland Port Shutdowns Jasmine Richards #BLM protestor charged with terrorism Late Summer Police Stories: the Potentially Good Magna Carta at 800 May 2 #BlackSpring/#Baltimore Rising Medicaid clawbacks meta Neill Franklin 'Purge the Baltimore PD from within' New Pentagon “Law of War” Manual Novichok™ Obama declares Venezuela "an extraordinary threat to US national security" Obama Reiterates Enthusiastic Support for Legalizing MMJ oh yes Omali Yeshitalaya Orange Lady Preliminary Hearing of APD Cops Sandy and Perez in the Execution of James Boyd; Pt. I; a Storify Public Citizen's Press Release on the TPP 99% Race to the Bottom Red Nation march on Gallup NM against violence and racism Respectability Politics Won’t Cut It Now. Did They Ever? Rest in Peace and Paint Dear Antonio Ramos Reverend William E. Alberts San Carlos Apaches’ Oak Flats Sovereign Spirituality Stolen by John McCain & Friends satire Seventy Years Ago This Week: Hiroshima and Nagasaki Shorter skripals Spain's new fascist 'gag rule' STRATCOM as per Russia/Syria-Ukraine test post the Apostle of Hatred the Bad The Crescent City 10 Years after the Levees Failed TransDayOfVisibility Tsipras/Syriza pull it out Zawinul ‘Cultural Palynology’ by Barbara Grothus Featured at the ‘Visualizing Albuquerque’ Exhibit ‘The Red Nation’ and Allies to Demand ABQ Abolish Columbus Day
Category Archives: social unrest/nonviolent revolution
(nonviolent, of course, Mr. Brennan)
Yes, Banksy; what the world needs is a righteous, revolutionary, change of perspective. Collective mindfulness, if you will. That’s one kind of revolution Russell Brand’s calling for.
|By: wendydavis Tuesday August 23, 2011 11:03 am|
A related diary looked at the metrics of food and energy costs as a preconditions and/or predictors of civil unrest and revolution, different institutions having tracked the numbers as about 40% of total income per person and/or the population at large. Math can be useful as a predictor; most of us love charts and graphs that illustrate what we need to know to drive a point home.
But numbers and statistics can be sticky wickets, inaccurate models, leaving out the intangibles that may be even more causative drivers of events and major changes; these are far harder to track by their very nature. And yet, I’m about to give it a go, as absurd as it seems even to me. Up front I’ll admit to my belief that Americans just aren’t like other people; sorry for the bias, but…there it is.
Today is the eighth and final day of Chanukah, the celebration of the successful revolt of the Maccabees over Antiochus IV’s Syrian-Greek armies and the subsequent re-dedication of the Temple in Jerusalem, which they believed had been profaned by the occupiers. The stories say that upon entering the Temple, the Maccabees discovered that there was only one remaining flask of ‘uncontaminated’ oil for the menorah, yet it miraculously lasted for the eight nights needed to purify more oil.
He’s a 94-year-old life-long Nebraskan, and I’d have to guess that he’s voted mostly Republican all his life.
He just stayed with us for three days in The Great Nebraska-Colorado Father Schlep (grin) my husband and his sister executed so doggedly and well. We had a really good time together, if you can believe any of us (another grin)… Even one evening’s contretemps resulted in a more honest and open connection, coming face to face with old grievances and whatnot, and I think we enhanced our mutual love and respect.